Live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee the UFC makes its debut on the FOX affiliate FX with UFC on FX: Guillard vs. Miller. The action kicks off with six preliminary bouts on another FOX affiliate Fuel TV, before the four main card fights airs on FX.
Preliminary card (Fuel TV)
135 lbs.: Nick Denis defeated Joseph Sandoval by 1st rd. KO (Elbows)
- Denis went right at Sandoval and when the two clinched it was multiple elbows to the side of the head that knocked out Sandoval just 22 seconds into the fight.
145 lbs.: Daniel Pineda defeated Pat Schilling by 1st rd. submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Pineda got a quick takedown and moved right into full mount forcing Schilling to give up his back that ultimately led to the rear naked choke submission.
155 lbs.: Fabrício Camões defeated Tommy Hayden by 1st rd. Submission (Rear naked Choke)
- Hayden looked good early but maybe good a little too comfortable and Camoes made him pay once he got on top of Hayden.
170 lbs.: Charlie Brenneman defeated Daniel Roberts by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Brenneman used his wrestling to control and the bell survive two late submission attempts to out point Roberts.
155 lbs.: Khabib Nurmagomedov defeated Kamal Shalorus by 3rd rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Nurmagomedov is rather unorthodox in his striking but caught Shalorus in the first round and the first fight was in his favor the remainder of the fight.
185 lbs.: Jorge Rivera defeated Eric Schafer by 2nd rd. TKO
- Schafer was able to get Rivera down early but leaving it all on the line, Rivera reversed and beat on his opponent until the referee stopped things. Gonna miss you Rivera!
Main card (FX)
265 lbs.: Pat Barry defeated Christian Morecraft by 1st rd. KO
- Morecraft did exactly what most thought he would in taking down Barry, problem was the Striker had improved his game and was able to get up twice.
135 lbs.: Mike Easton defeated Jared Papazian by Majority Decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-29)
- A really competitive back and forth fight that saw Easton getting a little bit better of the striking and the win.
170 lbs.: Josh Neer defeated Duane Ludwig by 1st rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- Neer ate a lot of punches from Ludwig to finally get the takedown but took advantage of it by getting the submission.
155 lbs.: Melvin Guillard defeated Jim Miller by 1st rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Guillard landed a couple good knees that cut Miller but he finally got a takedown and moved to the back for a rear naked submission.
Fight Night Bonuses ($45k each):
Fight of the Night: Pat Barry vs. Christian Morecraft
Knockout of the Night: Nick Denis
Submission of the Night: Jim Miller