The UFC is in Minneapolis, Minnesota this weekend for Tomorrow’s UFC on FX 5 event and today all but two of the fighters stepped onto the scale. Yes I said two fighters did not weigh-in today and that is because Dennis Hallman was so far over the limits that his fight with Thiago Tavares was scrapped.
The remaining UFC on FX 5 fighters, with the exception of Bart Palaszewski made the required weight limits. Palaszewski was one pound over the limit and was given one hour to lose it before stepping back onto the scale.
MAIN CARD (FX)
Travis Browne (254 lbs.) vs. Antonio Silva (266 lbs.)
- Very intense, very long stare down between these guys with neither wanting to break eye contact.
Jake Ellenberger (170 lbs.) vs. Jay Hieron (170 lbs.)
John Dodson (126 lbs.) vs. Jussier Formiga (126 lbs.)
Josh Neer (171 lbs.) vs. Justin Edwards (170 lbs.)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)
Yves Edwards (156 lbs.) vs. Jeremy Stephens (156 lbs.)
Dennis Hallman (N/A) vs. Thiago Tavares (N/A)
- Hallman was 7 pounds over, couldn’t get down to weight and fight was scrapped.
- This is the second consecutive time Hallman has missed weight trying to make lightweight.
Danny Castillo (156 lbs.) vs. Michael Johnson (156 lbs.)
- Johnson stepped onto the scale with a Minnesota Vikings wig on, and then got directly in the face of Castillo for the stare down.
Shane Roller (156 lbs.) vs. Jacob Volkmann (155 lbs.)
Diego Nunes (146 lbs.) vs. Bart Palaszewski (147 lbs.)
- Even behind the cover of the towel Palaszewski was one pound over the limit, he’ll have one hour to cut that one pound. Palaszewski weighed in at 146 lbs. in his second attempt and the fight will go on as planned.
Phil Harris (125 lbs.) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (125 lbs.)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
Marcus LeVesseur (156 lbs.) vs. Carlo Prater (156 lbs.)
Mike Pierce (171 lbs.) vs. Aaron Simpson (171 lbs.)
- Simpson looked much better with this, his second weight cut down to welterweight.
UFC on FX 5 will air tomorrow on Facebook, FUEL TV and of course FX.