The Athletic Commission in Minnesota released the medical suspensions for this past Friday’s UFC on FX 5: Browne vs. Bigfoot fight card. All 20 fighters on the card were issued a commission mandatory seven-day suspension, but seven of those fighters were also given a longer medical suspension.
The suspensions ranged from 30 to 60 days but lightweight Danny Castillo was the lone fighter to receive an indefinite suspension. Castillo was knocked out in the second round by Michael Johnson and must be cleared by a neurological examine before he can return to action.
UFC on FX 5 Medical Suspensions:
Travis Browne: Suspended 30 days with no contact during training for 14 days for precautionary reasons.
- Browne lost by TKO to Antonio Silva following an injury he suffered early in the fight. After the fight he tweeted out the injury sustained was a torn hamstring and would require him to be out several months.
Jay Hieron: Suspended 30 days with no contact during training for 14 days due to a laceration.
- Hieron suffered the cut in his unanimous decision lost to Jake Ellenberger. It was Hieron’s long awaited return the Octagon and he looked a little tentative in the fight.
Jussier da Silva: Suspended 30 days with no contact during training for 14 days for precautionary reasons.
- The top ranked flyweight made his UFC debut and lost to John Dodson via second round TKO.
Danny Castillo: Suspended indefinitely until cleared by a neurological exam; regardless, suspended 60 days with no contact during training for 45 days for precautionary reasons.
Diego Nunes: Suspended 45 days with no contact during training for 30 days due to a laceration.
- Nunes is the only winner to receive a medical suspension, as he defeated Palaszewski by unanimous decision.
Bart Palaszewski: Suspended 45 days with no contact during training for 30 days due to a laceration.
- Palaszewski had troubles with Nunes for most of the fight and suffered the cut very early in the fight, en route to a unanimous decision defeat.
Aaron Simpson: Suspended 60 days with no contact during training for 45 days for precautionary reasons.
- Simpson was knocked out by Mike Pierce in the second round after a solid first round in which he nearly finished the fight himself.
Click here for complete UFC on FX 5 results.