You’d have to go all the way back to MFC 9 and Patrick Cote for the last time Maximum Fighting Championship had a middleweight champion. Finally that statistic goes away tonight at MFC 35 when Elvis Mutapcic and Joseph Henle square off in the night’s main event.
Both fighters are coming off wins at MFC 34 that earned them this shot at the vacant middleweight title and their highly anticipated bout will take place inside the Mayfield Trade and Conference Centre in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and live on AXS TV beginning at 10pm ET / 7pm PT.
Also on the MFC 35 card is the promotions first major featherweight bout. Former UFC fighter and contestant on season eight of The Ultimate Fighter Shane Nelson will make his Maximum Fighting Championship debut against Vancouver’s Graham Spencer, who will also be making his promotional debut.
MFC 35 will feature nine fights in total, including a heavyweight bout between Smealinho Rama and Ryan Fortin. Follow all the MFC 35 action below with live results and quick analysis of each fight.
185 lbs.: Chase Degenhard defeated Chad Sherman by 2nd rd. TKO
155 lbs.: Garrett Nybakken defeated Jesse Veltri by 1st rd Submission (Armbar)
155 lbs.: Daniel Swain defeated Matt Jelly by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Main Card Results:
205 lbs.: Paul Grandbois defeated Jason Kuchera by 2nd rd. TKO (1:43)
- Little defense in this fight but exciting none the less. Kuchera can take a punch that is for sure but he wasn’t able to dish out enough.
170 lbs.: Sabah Fadai defeated Cody Krahn by 1st rd. Triangle Submission (1:24)
- Impressive submission by Fadai but its how he handled himself after the victory that is the real story. Following the tap Fadai pushed Krahn and talked trash at his opponent which brought on the boo’s from the fans.
185 lbs.: Derek Parker defeated Jared McComb by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Its a good thing Parker is a hockey player because he fights like he is but also takes a punch like one as well. McComb waited too long to turn it on and despite a very good third round, he lost the decision.
265 lbs.: Smealinho Rama defeated Ryan Fortin by 1st rd. Rear Naked Choke Submission (2:02)
- Rama got the fight to the ground right away and almost stopped the fight with an armbar before finally locking in a rear naked choke to arn his fifth straight first round finish.
145 lbs.: Graham Spencer defeated Shane Nelson by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- All Spencer in this fight as Nelson just didn’t look very good at all. Nelson spent the majority of the fight on his back on his way to a decision loss.
MFC World 185 lbs. Title: Elvis Mutapcic defeated Joseph Henle by 3rd rd. TKO – Injury – (1:45)
- Tough draw for Henle. He lost opening round but had turned things around and was winner the fight until a kick from Mutapcic ended the fight. The kick bent the right knee of Henle the wrong way and forced the fight to come to an end. Not the way anyone wanted MFC 35 to end.