Having already made their main card debuts on FOX and FX, the UFC will complete the trifecta this Wednesday with the UFC on Fuel TV: Sanchez vs. Ellenberger. The channel has already hosted preliminary action as well as numerous other UFC programming but they get the spotlight this time around. The night action on Fuel will be headlined by a welterweight bout between Jake Ellenberger and Diego Sanchez, along with four other bouts.
Despite three split decisions at last weekend’s UFC 143, the “bold predictions” had its best event this year going 8-3 to improve to 29-21 overall. The UFC on Fuel TV undercard has several fighters making their promotional debut and will pose a challenge in picking the winners.
170 lbs.: Jake Ellenberger will defeat Diego Sanchez by Unanimous Decision
- Ellenberger is streaking coming into his bout with the Ultimate Fighter season one winner Sanchez, who has been trying to reinvent himself. Sanchez is a tough finish but that doesn’t mean he’s tough to actually hit. Ellenberger will find the mark early and often but will be unable to finish Sanchez.
265 lbs.: Dave Herman will defeat Stefan Struve by 2nd rd. KO
- Herman will need to keep this fight standing while Struve will need to protect his chin at all cost. Problem for Struve is he’s doesn’t have the skill set to take Herman down unless they are in the clinch, putting his chin at risk. It will take some time to find the range but Herman will find the chin of Struve and the “skyscraper” will go tumbling down.
185 lbs.: Aaron Simpson will defeat Ronny Markes by Unanimous Decision
- Markes will be moving back down to middleweight for this bout and will have his hands full against Simpson. While the fight could become a slugfest, Simpson’s overall strength and wrestling should allow him to get the find to the canvas and dominate the fight.
265 lbs.: Stipe Miocic will defeat Philip De Fries by 1st rd TKO
- It might be wishful thinking but don’t blink during this classic striker versus grappler fight. Miocic will use his boxing and wrestling to keep the fight long enough to clip De Fries and send him to the mat. From there Miocic will clean things up and hand De Fries his first professional defeat.
135 lbs.: T.J. Dillashaw will defeat Walel Watson by Split Decision
- Dillashaw lost in the TUF 14 finale and now finds himself fighting to stay in the UFC. Watson is also coming off a loss and really finds himself in the same boat. Both want the fight to hit the canvas so it’s going to happen but Dillashaw’s wrestling will negate the numerous submission attempts from Watson and secure him a narrow decision.
Preliminary card (Facebook)
135 lbs.: Ivan Menjivar will defeat John Albert
145 lbs.: Jonathan Brookins will defeat Vagner Rocha
185 lbs.: Sean Loeffler will defeat Buddy Roberts
155 lbs.: Anton Kuivanen will defeat Justin Salas
155 lbs.: Bernardo Magalhaes will defeat Tim Means