On September 15th the fans will once again venture down the path of meeting new and exciting prospects set to enter the UFC. This season of the ultimate fighter is for the lightweights and is coached by two of the top Welterweights in the world, who are set to clash at the finale in Georges St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck.
This season really seems to be focused on the ground game and has serious grapplers and Jiu Jitsu Experts. The season seems to be jam-packed with the 155 talent pool from around the world that are very hungry and motivated to make a name for themselves.
We have researched the Cast and picked 15 individuals that stand out and ranked them based on professional records, training gym, and overall fight game. We have listed the whole cast and their professional record but include a short Bio and rank the first 15 in the order we feel they sit coming into the show.
The Ultimate Fighter Season 12 Cast
- Cody McKenzie (11-0 MMA) It’s simple to see that this guy is the early pick to make it to the finals. He is riding a 9 fight finish in the first round by submission streak. He has the 2nd most Guillotine submissions in pro fights in the world.
- Sako Chivitchyan (5-0 MMA) This guy is a Judo ace (11 time national champion to be exact) He trains with Manny Gamburyan who is preparing for a title shot with Jose Aldo, no question this guys ready to fight.
- T.J. O’Brian (14-3 MMA) this tall lightweight has been stringing together some great submission wins and is on a good streak. If it goes to the mat watch out, this guy to wrap people up in some nice submissions.
- Mike Richman (7-0 MMA) probably the most dangerous striker on the show, he is a finisher and a real threat to anyone across the ring from him.
- Nam Phan (15-7 MMA) Defiantly the most seasoned fighter and many fans pick to win, has big fights with big names but we ranked him #5 due to his size being more suited for 145lbs.
- Joseph Duffy (7-0 MMA) This guy could quite possibly be the dark horse of the season, he has quick submission finishes in all but one of his fights and is a real threat to anyone on the mat.
- Jeff Lentz (5-1 MMA) Trains with Kurt Pelligrino and is coming off a close loss, has good power and has stopped guys with strike submissions.
- Andy Main (4-1 MMA) Trains with Jim and Dan Miller and is also coming off a decision loss
- Ran Weathers (13-7 MMA) has redefined his training by joining forces with Greg Jackson, 12 of his 13 wins are by KO so you know this guy will be a threat to some grapplers who choose to slug it out.
- Jonathan Brookins (11-3 MMA) probably deserves to be ranked higher than the ten spot and is on a good streak. He is a submission expert with wins and losses fighting WEC elite. Trains at Gracie Barra and should have a good showing this season.
- Steve Maydaleno (6-2 MMA) He is defiantly a Pancreas star and trains with Vlad Matyushenko who recently fought Jon Jones. He has never been finished and is an all around tough guy.
- J.J. Ambrose (14-3 MMA) Fighting out of the ever popular American Kickboxing Academy with the UFC superstars, is on a 4 fight win streak and has very good at submissions (most of his wins by submission)
- Pablo Garza (6-0 MMA) is a king of the cage fighter who is very submission savvy. Not too much info is out on this fighter but he looks very serious and might have a nice run through the season.
- Toby Grear (7-4 MMA) 5 of his seven wins have come by way of knockout, and he is on a two fight win streak. On his off time he is an pro-marijuana activist, so lets hope he passes all the drug tests through the show (he has already been reprimanded twice)
- Kyle Watson (12-6 MMA) He is the lead BJJ instructor at Matt Hughes gym. 10 of his 12 of his victories have been by way of submission. He is on a 4 fight win streak at the ripe young age of 30.
The rest of the cast is as follows [in no particular order]
Paul Barrow (3-1 MMA) out of Gracie Tampa, power striker
Jason Brenton (3-0 MMA) Has a decent shot at this seasons cast
Mike Budnik (9-4 MMA) WEC veteran
Alex Caceres (4-2 MMA) Dawg Fights star, and Bruce Lee Fanatic
Daniel Head (6-2 MMA) 6 first round finishes
Mike Johnson (8-4 MMA) another standout, lead Gracie Barra MMA Instructor
Amir Killah (6-4 MMA) Fighting for the pride of Egypt / the Middle East
Sevak Magakian (8-3-MMA) trains with Manny Gamburyan
Spencer Paige (7-2 MMA) 2 losses from top 155’ers
Dane Sayers (7-1 MMA) has a ton of heart
Ariel Sexton (6-2 MMA) power striker
Marc Stevens (12-5 MMA) good submission game
Aaron Wilkinson (6-3 MMA) Wolfslair protégé
Click here for more TUF 12 coverage[mmavalor-share] [ultimatesocial_fan_counts networks="facebook,twitter,envato" rows="1"]