A UFC light heavyweight title shot is on the line tonight as one of the four 205 pound fighters that are headlining the UFC on FOX 4 card will take on the winner of the UFC 151 main event between Jon Jones and Dan Henderson. UFC President Dana White said the winner of either the main event or co-main event that most impresses will get the next shot at the belt.
Tonight’s UFC on FOX 4 card takes place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California and the preliminary card can be seen on Fuel TV before the night’s main card on FOX.
Follow all the UFC on FOX 4 action right here with complete event results coming to you live throughout the night.
125 lbs.: John Moraga defeated Ulysses Gomez by 1st rd. KO
- What an impressive debut from Moraga who used his wrestling to keep the fight standing where he completely dominated.
145 lbs.: Manvel Gamburyan defeated Michihiro Omigawa by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Omigawa looked sharp in the first round but Gamburyan took over in round two scoring seven takedowns over the last two rounds. Really entertaining featherweight fight though.
265 lbs.: Phil De Fries defeated Oli Thompson by 2nd rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- The only heavyweight bout on the card had moments that might of worried some but this was no Cheick Kongo vs. Shawn Jordan. After De Fries wore down Thompson he was able to get the fight to the canvas and from there secure his 6th win via submission.
145 lbs.: Rani Yahya defeated Josh Grispi by 1st rd. Submission (North / South Choke)
- Yahya couldn’t have asked for a better fight getting the fight to the canvas early and making short work of Grispi.
205 lbs.: Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado ends in No Contest due to doctor stoppage from eye poke.
- Davis poked Prado in the left eye and when the doctor entered the Octagon Prado told him he was seeing two of everything. That was all the doctor needed to hear and declared the fight over. Prado got mad and his corner claimed a language issue but really what do you expect.
145 lbs.: Nam Phan defeated Cole Miller by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Fight of the night thus far. Phan found a home for his left hook and that was the face of Cole Miller but that didn’t stop Miller from pressing forward and making this a close and fun fight.
170 lbs.: Mike Swick defeated DaMarques Johnson by 2nd rd. KO
- They went toe to toe to start the round but Johnson took over on the ground and almost had a submission. In round two Swick caught the leg of Johnson and as he fell backwards onto the canvas, Swick landed a right hand to turned out Johnson’s lights. Great start to the main event of UFC on FOX 4 and Welcome back to the Octagon Swick!
155 lbs.: Joe Lauzon defeated Jamie Varner by 3rd rd. Submission (Triangle Choke)
- Awesome fight! Back and forth crazy paced fight that can only be described as FIGHT OF THE NIGHT.
205 lbs.: Lyoto Machida defeated Ryan Bader by 2nd rd. KO
- Machida used the kicks to keep Bader at distance the whole first round and when Bader over committed to get inside he paid for it with a short right hand that knocked him out.
205 lbs.: Mauricio Rua defeated Brandon Vera by 4th rd TKO
- Many figured Vera wouldn’t last this long but he gave Rua almost more then he could handle.
Got any comments regarding the UFC on FOX 4 action leave it below and start the discussion.