The first official UFC on FOX card has finally arrived and despite a late change to the main card the UFC has put together a very competitive and meaningful card on FOX. The night’s main card will feature three fights on Fox following the seven bout preliminary card that will air on Fuel TX (only six fights will air live on Fuel TV).
With all the fight on Free TV you should be watching it, but if you cannot we got you covered with live results all night along with quick analysis of each fight.
Preliminary Card (Un-aired):
185 lbs.: Chris Camozzi defeated Dustin Jacoby by 3rd rd. Submission (Front Choke)
Preliminary card (Fuel TV)
265 lbs.: Lavar Johnson defeated Joey Beltran by 1st rd. KO
- Johnson hurt Beltran right off the bat with a body shot and never let up on him until an uppercut ended the fight. Beltran is likely going to be cut unless he can drop to 205 lbs. and get one more shot inside the Octagon.
- Lavar Johnson wins KO of the Night ($65k)
155 lbs.: Michael Johnson defeated Shane Roller by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- The striking of Johnson along with the takedown defense won him the first two rounds. Roller got Johnson’s back in the final round and had him in a bad spot for most of the round but was unable to finish.
145 lbs.: Charles Oliveira defeated Eric Wisely by 1st rd. Submission (Calf Slicer)
- Oliveira got the fight to the ground after some heavy leg kicks and went for a ankle lock which he wasn’t able to get, but he was able to secure a calf slicer instead. Oliveira looked good in his 145 lbs. debut, watch out featherweight division.
- Charles Oliveira wins Submission of the Night ($65K)
145 lbs.: Cub Swanson defeated George Roop by 2nd rd. TKO
- Swanson was aggressive from the opening bell and despite the reach advantage he had against Roop backing up the entire fight. Swanson continued things in round two and knocked Roop’s mouth piece right out with a right hand that lead to the fight being stopped.
265 lbs.: Mike Russow defeated John-Olav Einemo by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Einemo looked completely gassed halfway through the second round and clearly wasn’t expecting Russow to take him down over and over again. Russow gets another win in the UFC while Einemo drops to 0-2 and seriously needs to work on his cardio.
155 lbs.: Evan Dunham defeated Nik Lentz by 2nd rd. TKO (Doctor Stoppage)
- This was a evenly matched back and forth bout in the first round. Dunham started taking over towards the end of round one and carried that right into round two where he completely took over. Lentz suffered a cut under the left eye that quickly swelled between rounds that forced the fight to be stopped by the doctor.
- Fight of the Night ($65k to each)
Main card (FOX)
185 lbs.: Chris Weidman defeated Demian Maia by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- The least exciting fight on the card thus far as both fighters looked tired in round two. Weidman scored a few takedowns which probably won him the fight even though Maia was able to stand right back up. Weidman gets the biggest win of his career but neither fighter looked good tonight.
- Fight was announced incorrectly as a split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) originally
185 lbs.: Chael Sonnen defeated Michael Bisping by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Sonnen scored takedowns in each round but the first two were brief. Bisping surprised everyone by controlling Sonnen against the cage but was warned by the referee multiple times for grabbing the shorts and the cage. Sonnen kept Bisping down the majority of the final round and had his back and full mount during that time. The fight was close and nowhere near the 30-27 score one judge scored it. After the fight Sonnen claimed to be the best in his post fight pro wrestling style interview, would have meant more if he had finished the fight.
205 lbs.: Rashad Evans defeated Phil Davis by Unanimous Decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Evans dominated Davis each and ever round. Evans had Davis in a crucifix on two separate occasions and had the better striking and wrestling too. Evans now earns his shot against Jon Jones at UFC 145 in April.