The UFC on FOX 3 card started off tonight with two bouts streaming on Facebook before the remaining six preliminary fights aired live on Fuel TV. The third installment of the UFC on FOX will feature a four fight main card, headlined by an important lightweight showdown between Nate Diaz and Jim Miller.
The preliminary card was filled with primarily the lighter weight classes, including the first two flyweight bouts outside of the initial 125 lbs. mini tournament opening round. With that said, the eight preliminary bouts did not disappoint.
PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)
155 lbs.: Michael Johnson defeated Tony Ferguson by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- The fight was closer than the scores would lead you to believe but Johnson seemed to be beating the Ultimate Fighter winner (Ferguson) to the punch all night. Ferguson kept it close with some big shots landed but in the third round Johnson ran away with it. This was Ferguson’s first loss and Johnson’s third win in the UFC.
125 lbs.: John Dodson defeated Tim Elliott by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- The second flyweight bout of the night was equally as crazy as the first as UFC newcomer Elliott came out throwing wild kicks and overhand bombs. Dodson hurt his left hand early on in the fight but that didn’t stop him from winning the first two rounds, in route to a decision victory. Elliot had a solid debut showing and should get another fight inside the Octagon.
170 lbs.: John Hathaway defeated Pascal Krauss by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Hathaway nearly finished the fight in the first round with a knee and controlled the fight from that point on. Having been out of action since March of last year, this performance from Hathaway reminds us of just how good he is.
125 lbs.: Louis Gaudinot defeated John Lineker by 2nd rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- These two flyweights started out toe to toe at a hundred miles an hour and continued that into the second round. The second takedown from Gaudinot led to the standing Guillotine finish in his flyweight debut.
155 lbs.: Danny Castillo defeated John Cholish by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Tough fight to score round by round but overall Castillo did more than Cholish did, with more takedowns and damage. Castillo improves to 4-1 inside the Octagon and 6-1 over his last seven bouts.
145 lbs.: Dennis Bermudez defeated Pablo Garza by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- A dominate performance by Bermudez as he scored eight takedowns with several slams. Coming off the loss to Diego Brandao, this is the first career win inside the Octagon for Bermudez.
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
135 lbs.: Roland Delorme defeated Nick Denis by 1st rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
185 lbs.: Karlos Vemola defeated Mike Massenzio by 2nd rd. Submission (rear Naked Choke)(Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images) – Edited by MMAValor