Before the UFC on FUEL TV 3: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier main card airs live on FUEL TV, the six preliminary bouts streamed on Facebook. With only one fight above the lightweight division, the prelims featured the lighter weight classes along with two former Ultimate Fighter cast members in the final two bouts before heading into the UFC on FUEL TV 3 main card.
UFC on FUEL TV 3 Preliminary Results
185 lbs.: Brad Tavares defeated Dongi Yang by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tough fight to score that was stopped several times due to fouls. Yang seemed to slow as the fight went into the later rounds and that is what likely won the fight for Tavares.
155 lbs.: Cody McKenzie defeated Marcus LeVesseur by 1st rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- LeVesseur opened up strong with a quick takedown, followed by another one after a break. Off his back though, McKenzie works his way up to a seated position, sneaks his left over the head and under the neck on his opponent before locking his hands. LeVesseur recognized it too late though and fought hard but was forced to tab. McKenzie snaps a two fight losing streak with the submission.
155 lbs.: T.J. Grant defeated Carlo Prater by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Grant was very impressive inside the Octagon tonight, winning all aspects of the fight including the ground game against the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Prater. Grant gets his fifth UFC win and now wants on a main card against whomever.
155 lbs.: Rafael Dos Anjos defeated Kamal Shalorus by 1st rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- The fight finished via submission but it was a left head kick that dropped Shalorus and was the beginning of the end. Dos Anjos gets back into the win column with the submission, handing Shalorus his third consecutive defeat.
135 lbs.: Johnny Eduardo defeated Jeff Curran by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Eduardo destroyed the left lead leg of Curran for the first two rounds, taking both of those rounds. Curran come on in the final round and a left head/thumb to the eye turn the tables in favor of Curran in the final round, but it was little too late.
135 lbs.: Francisco Rivera defeated Alex Soto by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Rivera was coming forward the whole fight, landing several big shots that stunned Soto and even put him on shaky legs. Rivera wins his first fight inside the Octagon, while Soto is now 0-2.