If you like heavyweights then UFC 146 is the main card you do not want to miss. All five main card bouts will be in the heavyweight division, headlined with the UFC heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos making his first title defense against the former champion, Frank Mir.
Before the heavyweight took the stage though there were seven preliminary bouts that aired of Facebook and FX. Follow of the night main card action right here, along with post fight analysis of each fight. It all starts tonight at 7pm PT / 10pm ET
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view)
265 lbs.: Stefan Struve defeated Lavar Johnson by 1st rd Submission (Armbar)
- Well the fight went to the ground when Struve pulled guard. He throw those long legs over Johnson’s head and just 65 seconds into the fight it was over. Johnson was getting the better of the strikes but Struve took him to his world and made short work of Johnson.
265 lbs.: Stipe Miocic defeated Shane Del Rosario by 2nd rd. TKO
- Del Rosario started out great, using he Muay Thai to pepper the lead leg of Miocic with kicks and the head and body with punches. Towards the end of the opening round though Miocic took the fight down and he did the same in to begin round two. From there it was all Miocic and the elbows finished the fight and hands Del Rosario his first defeat.
265 lbs.: Roy Nelson defeated Dave Herman by 1st rd. KO
- If you like knockouts you loved this fight because Nelson threw a right hand from way out in left field to the jaw of Herman and well the fight was over. It wasn’t pretty at all but very effective.
265 lbs.: Cain Velasquez defeated Antonio Silva by 1st rd. TKO
- Want to see a man on a mission, look at Cain Velasquez. He took Silva down seconds into the first, dropped a nasty head splitting elbow and was relentless with the ground and pound. Silva was spilling blood all over the Octagon and it was just a matter of time before the fight would be over.
265 lbs. Title Fight: Junior Dos Santos defeated Frank Mir by 2nd rd. TKO
- You ever seen a fighter that was fighting on borrowed time? Santos hurt Mir towards the end of round one and as the fight entered round two it seemed to be just a matter of time. Dos Santos hurt Mir with a right hand and Mir just floundered on the ground as the champ said get it. Mir really couldn’t get up and that was enough for referee to step in a call of the fight. Dos Santos was dominate in his first title defense!