Before the heavyweights take over the night’s main card, the UFC 146 preliminary card will take place from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The UFC 146 Preliminary card features three bouts on Facebook to open the night, before concluding with four bouts on FX that’ll lead into the main card on PPV.
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
145 lbs.: Mike Brown defeated Daniel Pineda by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- A real close fight between these two featherweights to start the night out. Pineda looked good on his feet but it was the power from the former WEC champion that gave him the edge in the fight.
205 lbs.: Glover Teixeira defeated Kyle Kingsbury by 1st rd. Submission (Arm Triangle)
- Kingsbury didn’t stand a chance as the UFC newcomer started fast, hurt Kingsbury and finished things up on the ground. Welcome to the already stacked light heavyweight division Mr. Teixeira!
155 lbs.: Paul Sass defeated Jacob Volkmann by 1st rd. Submission (Triangle/Armbar)
- Volkmann played right into the strength of Sass who pulled guard and worked for the submission off his back. Sass just kept fishing for things and would snag a triangle / armbar that forced Volkmann to tap.
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
170 lbs.: Dan Hardy defeated Duane “Bang” Ludwig by 1st rd KO
- You knew this one wasn’t going to last long and it almost made it a round before that left hook from Hardy dropped Ludwig. Hardy jumped in after realizing it wasn’t over and finished things off with some nasty elbows. Before that big shot Ludwig was getting the better of the striking before the big shot.
185 lbs.: C.B. Dollaway defeated Jason “Mayhem” Miller by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-26, 29-28)
- Miller rocked Dollaway twice but the heavily wrapped knee of Miller just wasn’t cooperating. After each time he rocked Dollaway Miller got slopping and ended up on his back, unable to do anything. Dollaway wasn’t great or anything to write home about BUT he clearly wrestled his way to a win here.
155 lbs.: Jamie Varner defeated Edson Barboza by 1st rd. TKO
- Barboza was chopping away at the lead leg of Varner in hopes to slow down the takedowns. There wasn’t enough time for that though because Varner took Barboza down after catching a head kick early in the round. Varner then used his striking to clip Barboza and poured it on for the BIG win over a high prospect.
145 lbs.: Darren Elkins defeated Diego Brandao by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Brandao came out like a crazed man, getting Elkins down multiple times in round one. After weathering the storm from Brandao it was Elkins taking the fight to the canvas in round two. Elkins did a lot of damage to the Ultimate Fighter 14 winner in the second round. Brandao had little left in round three and it showed as Elkins took the fight down and grinded through the round.
For results from tonight main card, check out the Main card Live results here.