It’s been just four days since UFC 148 but the Octagon will once against play host to tonight’s UFC on FUEL TV 4 from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. Headlined by a possible middleweight elimination bout between Mark Munoz and Chris Weidman, the winner could find themselves next up for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. The last time the UFC was inside the HP Pavilion was at UFC 139 where the packed house was treated to one of the best fights of 2011 with the Dan Henderson vs. Mauricio Rua main event. That epic bout will be tough to duplicate but tonight’s UFC on FUEL TV has several potential fight on the night candidates. Follow all the night’s action right here as MMAValor.com is on location and will bring you live results throughout the night. Also the comment section will be open for all your UFC on FUEL TV 4 discussion. UFC on Fuel TV 4 will stream live on Facebook starting at 2:45pm PT / 5:45pm ET before the main card airs on Fuel TV starting at 5pm PT / 8pm ET. PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook) 135 lbs.: Raphael Assuncao defeated Issei Tamura by 2nd rd. TKO (0:25)
- Assuncao came out in round two with a flurry against the cage that rocked Tamura and didn’t let him recover. Nice way to start out UFC on FUEL TV 4!
170 lbs.: Marcelo Guimaraes defeated Dan Stittgen by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- We get the first questionable decision of the night. Stittgen landed more strikes but didn’t do anything that stood out and the judges saw it the other way.
185 lbs.: Andrew Craig defeated Rafael Natal by 2nd rd. KO (4:52)
- In the second round Craig was hurt back and almost finished but he recovered and landed a clean right head kick that laid out Natal.
125 lbs.: Chris Cariaso defeated Josh Ferguson by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Looks like the flyweight division has a new player in Chris Cariaso who just dominated Ferguson here tonight.
135 lbs.: Alex Caceres defeated Damacio Page by 2nd rd. Submission (Triangle Choke) (1:27)
- Caceres had Page in two triangle chokes in the opening round but couldn’t get the finish, he got that finish in the second round with that same triangle choke. That wraps up the UFC on FUEL TV 4 prelims, now onto the main card!
MAIN CARD (FUEL TV) 155 lbs.: Rafael dos Anjos defeated Anthony Njokuani by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Njokuani had little answer for the takedowns of Dos Anjos and was taken down multiple times in the opening UFC on FUEL TV 4 main card.
135 lbs.: T.J. Dillashaw defeated Vaughan Lee by 1st rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke) (2:33)
- Lee defended the first takedown from Dillashaw but would find himself on his back eventually and from there Dillashaw would take Lee’s back on call it a night.
185 lbs.: Francis Carmont defeated Karlos Vemola by 2nd rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke) (1:39)
- Vemola started fast and had Carmont in two long choke attempts from his back but in round two in was Carmont locking in the choke for the finish.
170 lbs.: Aaron Simpson defeated Kenny Robertson by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Two guys gave Robertson a round but Simpson controlled the entire fight with the superior wrestling.
205 lbs.: James Te Huna defeated Joey Beltran by Unanimous Decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Beltran has proven over and over again that he can take a beating but its tough to win that way. Te Huna hit him with everything but could not finish him off in a one-sided Co-main event.
185 lbs.: Chris Weidman defeated Mark Munoz by 2nd rd. TKO (1:37)
Weidman took Munoz down right away and was in control from that point on. In round two Munoz went in for a punch and was greeted with a brutal elbow that dropped him and ultimately ended the fight. What a way to end the UFC on FUEL TV 4 fight card!