It’s Friday night and the weekend is locked and loaded with MMA action, starting with the UFC on FX 4 from Atlantic City, New Jersey. This free card is headlined by a lightweight five round non-title main event between Clay Guida and Gray Maynard in a battle to stay above water in the 155 pound division.
Both Guida and Maynard are coming off defeats and cannot afford to drop two in a row. The UFC on FX 4 main card will consist of four bouts on FX, including a co-main event between Sam Stout and Spencer Fisher to bring their trilogy to a close.
The UFC on FX 4 preliminary card will begin on Facebook with two bouts before concluding on Fuel TV with six more fights. Anchoring the preliminary card is top featherweight Hatsu Hioki, who will be taking on Ricardo Lamas. Also on the preliminary card are Rick Story, Matt Brown, Dan Miller and Dustin Pague, who just fought at UFC on FX 3 two weeks ago.
MMA Valor will be bringing you all the Live UFC on FX 4 results, as well as fight by fight analysis so keep it here throughout tonight’s action.
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
Ken Stone defeated Dustin Pague by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- A close first two round had it anyone’s fight heading into the third and final round. Pague moved himself in position for a takedown but got reversed and Stone ended up on top and securing him the round and fight.
Dan Miller defeated Ricardo Funch by 3rd rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- Funch was throwing everything he had into his strikes from the opening bell but Miller appeared to be landing the cleaner strikes. Another close fight but Miller rocked Funch in the third and after fishing for the guillotine multiple times, Miller locks one in to end the fight. This was Miller’s first fight at 170 lbs. and for Funch was his fourth defeat inside the Octagon.
PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)
Matt Brown defeated Luis Ramos by 2nd rd. TKO
- Brown started out slow in the fight but turned it on heading into round two and Ramos seemed to slow down.
Chris Camozzi defeated Nick Catone by 3rd rd. TKO (Doctor Stoppage)
- Catone was winning the fight heading into the final round but a big knee from Camozzi opened up a nasty cut above the left eye of Catone. Once the blood started flowing like a river the referee stopped the fight and had the doctor check on the cut, resulting in the fight being stopped.
Steven Siler defeated Joey Gambino by 1st rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- Siler opened up the forehead of Gambino very early in the fight with a knee and we got another blood bath. Siler looked really good and got mount on Gambino before slipping in a choke.
Rick Story defeated Brock Jardine by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- A grinding fight from Story for the full 15 minutes. Jardine was wild with his punches allowing Story to easily secure multiple takedowns and control the fight on his way to a decision.
Ramsey Nijem defeated C.J. Keith by 1st rd. TKO
- A bit of an early stoppage but Keith found himself in full mount with nowhere to go and taking too much damage for the referees liking.
Ricardo Lamas defeated Hatsu Hioki vs. by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lamas played the roll of the underdog to perfect tonight. Hioki looked good in the opening round with a few submission attempts but as the fight went on Lamas was clearly taking over the fight. Even from his back Lamas was getting the better of the man many claimed to be the 2nd best featherweight in the world.
MAIN CARD (FX)
Cub Swanson defeated Ross Pearson by 2nd rd. TKO
- Swanson looked really fast with his hands and battered the face of Pearson the whole fight. Pearson got the fight to the ground a couple times but Swanson limited the damage and got back up to do more damage. What a good way to open up the UFC on FX 4 main card.
Brian Ebersole defeated T.J. Waldburger by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Some really good grappling shown in this fight as Waldburger had Ebersole in some seriously bad spots in round one. Somehow though Ebersole survived and turned things around in rounds two and three. The win extends Ebersole’s winning streak to 11 in a row.
Sam Stout defeated Spencer Fisher by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- It was like they didn’t miss a beat and started right where they left off in their last two meetings. The only difference was Stout brought out the wrestling for this fight and used the takedowns to out point the veteran Fisher.
Gray Maynard defeated Clay Guida by Split Decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47)
- Well this one turned out to be something different then many thought. Guida got on his horse from the opening bell which isn’t anything new but the retreating was. Lets just say that Maynard spent a large amount of time chasing Guida around the Octagon…..
Click here for more on tonight’s UFC on FX 4 card.