This morning MMA fans are in for a little treat with the completely free UFC on FUEL TV 5: Struve vs. Miocic fight card. Fans don’t often get UFC fights this early in the morning but with the promotion in Nottingham, England the prelims are set to set at approximately 10am PT / 1pm ET and the main card will air of FUEL TV starting at 1pm PT / 4pm ET.
UFC on FUEL TV 5 will feature a six bout main card, headlined by a five round non-title fight between heavyweights Stefan Struve and Stipe Miocic. The night’s co-main event will see fan favorite Dan Hardy try to make it two wins in a row as he takes on The Ultimate Fighter winner Amir Sadollah.
Follow all the mornings’ action right here with live results and fight Analysis.
Preliminary Card (Facebook):
145 lbs.: Robbie Peralta defeated Jason Young by 1st rd. KO (0:23)
- Their first flurry quickly made it a short night as a right hand from Peralta dropped Young and just like that the first fight is over.
175 lbs.: Gunnar Nelson defeated DaMarques Johnson by 1st rd Rear Naked Choke Submission (3:43)
- Nelson opened with a flush landing head kick and never looked back. Nelson took the fight to the canvas and after a scramble, he moved to mount and would eventually move to the back and got the finish. An impressive debut at UFC on FUEL TV 5 by Gunnar Nelson.
185 lbs.: Brad Tavares defeated Tom Watson by Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Not the UFC debut Tom Watson was looking for as he was out punched, out wrestled and worked for the majority of the fight by Brad Tavares. The improved wrestling of Tavares allowed him to take the fight to the ground whenever the two clinched. It could have been Octagon jitters, but Watson couldn’t hang with Tavares.
145 lbs.: Akira Corassani defeated Andy Ogle by Split Decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
- First half of the fight was Akira, second half was all Ogle. Split decision maybe but no way it was 30-27 for either fighter!
205 lbs.: Jimi Manuwa defeated Kyle Kingbury by 2nd rd. TKO (Doctor Stoppage)
- This fight seemed to be turning in the favor of Kingbury heading into the third round but the doctor stopped the fight due to the left eye of Kingsbury being closed. After being on his back for half of the opening round, Manuwa unleashed the hands and legs onto the face on Kingsbury. By round two though Manuwa was slowing down and Kingbury looked to be taking over. Unfortunately there was no third round
Main Card (Fuel TV):
170 lbs.: Che Mills defeated Duane Ludwig by 1st rd. TKO (Injury)
- Mills took Ludwig down right away putting Ludwig in scramble mode, sometime during those scrambles Ludwig injured his knee and when he looked to stand the knee went out and ended the fight. Not the way you want to see a fight end and hopefully its not a serious injury.
170 lbs.: John Hathaway defeated John Maguire by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Maguire must have left his gameplan at home because he did nothing in this fight until the last minute of the fight. You can guess that didn’t help him win the fight but it did make for the boring fight thus for at UFC on FUEL TV 5.
155 lbs.: Matt Wiman defeated Paul Sass by 1st rd. Armbar Submission (3:48)
- Paul Sass looked to be in complete control of this fight and maybe that was his downfall because one mistake was all Wiman needed as he grabbed a triangle, turned it to an ambar and the rest was history.
135 lbs.: Brad Pickett defeated Yves Jabouin by 1st rd. KO
- Can you say UFC on FUEL TV 5 knockout of the night? These two were standing toe to toe with non-stop action, that was until Pickett landed a sneaky right uppercut that twisted the head of Jabouin right off.
170 lbs.: Dan Hardy defeated Amir Sadollah by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Hardy remains undefeated in Nottingham, England as he displayed a more rounded skill set against Amir Sadollah. They came out throwing leather but as Hardy opened up his bag of tricks he took Sadollah down multiple times, showing some nasty ground and pound. Sadollah was a cut up mess after the fight and Nottingham’s own Dan Hardy got his hand raised.
265 lbs.: Stefan Struve defeated Stipe Miocic by 2nd rd TKO (3:50)
- It took Struve the majority of the first round but once he found the range with those long arms of his Miocic was in trouble. Using the jam to set up the power shots was dangerously effective for Struve and Miocic had no answer but to take to punishment. Several uppercuts to a hurt Miocic from Struve knocked out the now previously undefeated Miocic. I nice way to close out a solid UFC on FUEL TV 5 fight card.