Get settled in for an exciting MMA filled Friday night that begins with the UFC on FX 5 from Minneapolis, Minnesota. The free card begins with one fight on Facebook before the rest of the preliminary and entire main card are televised. The UFC on FX 5 main event features undefeated heavyweight Travis Browne taking on the man known as “big foot”, Antonio Silva.
Yesterday the card lost the lightweight bout between Dennis Hallman and Thiago Tavares because Hallman was unable to make-weight. Today the card was hit again as Jeremy Stephens was arrested for outstanding felony warrants just hours before his fight. Luckily UFC President Dana White says he still expects Stephens to fight Yves Edwards, but we shall see.
Despite the drama the UFC on FX 5: Browne vs. Bigfoot fight card will go on. Follow all the action right here with live results and quick analysis of each concluded fight.
PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV):
Darren Uyenoyama defeated Phil Harris by 2nd rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Uyenoyama looked very polished on the ground and wins his second UFC bout.
Diego Nunes defeated Bart Palaszewski by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Nunes came out fast and that seemed to throw Palaszewski off his game. Nunes Continued to pour it on and had Palaszewski in some serious trouble multiple times. Nunes looked excellent tonight, maybe the best thus far in his career.
Jacob Volkmann defeated Shane Roller by 1st rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Once Volkmann grabbed Roller he was able to work the fight to the ground. He said he would be able to take Roller down at will and that’s exactly what he did.
Marcus LeVesseur defeated Carlo Prater by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- No one really one this fight. LeVesseur did nothing except go for a takedown and once there Prater was going for a guillotine.
Mike Pierce defeated Aaron Simpson by 2nd rd. KO
- Simpson won the first round after rocking Pierce and finished the round in dominate position. Man things turned around seconds into round two when a short right hand from Pierce turned the lights out on Simpson.
Michael Johnson defeated Danny Castillo by 2nd rd. KO
- Nearly a mirror image of the last fight between Pierce and Simpson. Castillo rocked Johnson and dominated the opening round but Johnson came out aggressive in round two and knocked out Castillo. Johnson with another win and is quickly climbing the lightweight ladder.
Yves Edwards vs. Jeremy Stephens <— Read here
MAIN CARD (FX):
Justin Edwards defeated Josh Neer by 1st rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- Neer had no clue what happened. Edwards jumped to an arm in guillotine and Neer went to a knee and was out seconds later. Biggest win for Edwards for sure!
John Dodson defeated Jussier Formiga by 2nd rd. TKO
- Not the type of fight most expected. Much slower of a fight but Dodson found the mark in round two and earns the title shot. He’s going to need to be a whole lot better to beat Mighty Mouse though.
Jake Ellenberger defeated Jay Hieron by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Both fighters were very measured, making for a fight that would receive a handful of boo’s late in the fight. This one won’t be winning fight of the night!
Antonio Silva defeated Travis Browne by 1st rd. TKO
- Tough luck for Browne, who appeared to tweak his left knee in the fight. Silva took advantage and scored his first UFC win.
As you’re following the action of the UFC on FX 5, feel free to leave a comment below regarding the fights. Immediately following tonight UFC on FX 5 will be another episode of The Ultimate Fighter on FX.[mmavalor-share] [ultimatesocial_fan_counts networks="facebook,twitter,envato" rows="1"]